Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Snack packs for a long car ride

Vacation for us entailed an long car drive.  We left around 8 in the morning and arrived around four thirty or five (I honestly can't remember).  My parents were driving with their fifth wheel, which meant we could not go over 55 once we reached California.  We did eventually make it to our destination though, so I can't complain, my foot was just itching to go faster. 

To prepare I had art packs for the kids to entertain themselves, a book on California for big L, and movies for the DVD player.  The big issue was snacks, I knew that they would be hungry all the time, so I made these:
 These are just craft boxes, repurposed for my own use.  This one is for big L.  Lots of fruit, carrots and her favorite salty snacks.  She didn't quite finish everything during the drive. 
This is for little l, she practically ate everything.  Rice snacks, dried fruit/veggie snacks, chedder bunnies, cookies and fruit.  It was a big hit with her.  She loved that she could pick and feed herself.  I will never travel with her without doing this again. 

What do you do to keep those munchkins happy on a long car ride? 

No comments:

Post a Comment