Monday, July 29, 2013

A Coupon Clutch

From the Joann website I had a pattern for a coupon clutch.  Before this I just threw coupons in my purse, then spent time trying to figure out which one in the pile I needed.  Not so good for a checkout line!

This was BEYOND easy.  I think I may have to make a few for holiday gifts.  The only thing is I stink at making my own binding, so I may just buy some for the next time!

 All you have to do is cut to 8in by 8 in squares, one and inside fabric, one outside.  I used fat quarters because that of course is what I have.  Then you cut two 8in by 7in, 2 8 in by 5.5 in and 2 8 in by 4.  You fold the smaller pieces in half, place them on the inside piece, lining up the edges and bottom (one right side up, one upside down) from largest to smallest.  Make sure you have your cover piece on the back, right side out, sew around the edge and you are almost done.  Add your binding around the edge and you are finished. 
It folds in half, fits in the purse I made, holds the loyalty cards I have and is thin.  I like it!  Six pockets to organize coupons and loyalty cards.  It was just right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment