Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Blueberry Muffins

I love a good blueberry muffin, but I don't like it to be cake like.  I want a muffin, not a cupcake.  I had a recipe in college that I loved but I have lost it.  So I searched around, and of course had to modify a recipe.  This is what I came up with:

Makes 15 Muffins

1/4 Cup Soy Free Earth Balance
1/2 Cup applesauce (unsweetened)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Cup organic cane sugar
1 1/2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
3 scoops NOW Protein Powder (unflavored)
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Cup Rice Milk
2 Cups Fresh Blueberries

I mixed the earth balance, applesauce salt and sugar together first, then added the remaining ingredients.  I always use muffin liners when baking muffins/cupcakes.  Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. 

Please note that because of the pea protein this is a thick batter, just like my banana muffins.  They are VERY allergy friendly, unless you have a wheat allergy and we don't so I have not tackled that issue yet!  They did receive a seal of approval from big L who is my pickiest eater! I liked them as well, and based on my calculations they come in at about 171 calories, which is not too bad for a muffin. 

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment