Monday, July 22, 2013

Lotion and Shampoo Update

I have blogged before about my attempts to make a body butter or lotion that would work for all of us.  I think I may have finally found a combination.  Last time I used 3.5 oz of shea butter, 3.5 oz of coconut oil, about 2 oz of avocado oil, 2tbls of beeswax and about a tablespoon of vitamin e.  It is still a little oily going on, however, it does not get hard, and does not turn too oily to handle.  My only issue lately is that it is not lasting for a whole day, I have had to reapply in the afternoon, but that is okay. I guess I can live with that. 

Also, I am still using my homemade shampoo.  I will say that for the first month I hated it, my hair was oily.  It adjusted.  I quit using it for a week and had to go through the oily yuck all over again until it readjusted.  This is rather disturbing, in a good way.  I don't want to use store bought shampoo anymore, it is obviously stripping my hair of things it needs. 

If you have any lotion/body butter suggestions please share below!

No comments:

Post a Comment