Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Laundry Detergent


I am out of laundry detergent.  Actually I just ran out and I had this premade from last week, but today is a good day to post about it because I actually USED it.  Can I just say, yeah oh yeah!

I used:
1 1/4 Cup Vinegar
1 Cup Baking Soda
1 Cup Washing Soda
1 Cup Borax
1/4 of my homemade liquid soap

Mix in large non metal bowl.  Place in vinegar then stir continuously as you add all of the powders.  Keep stirring until it flakes and crumbles.  Use 1/4 cup per load. 


I of course used an old pickle jar, but I may have to find a smaller jar next time! I used it today and can I just say, yum?  I mean, my clothes smell cleaner and feel softer without using a fabric softener!  The next test will be when I hang the clothes on the line.  I couldn't do that today I am trying to limit my outdoor time because our air is YUCKY right now.  I also need to make sure it doesn't bother the kids, but it is scentless, seems gentle, and has no chemical additives, so I have high hopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment