Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Yucky summer feet

I have had calloused feet for as long as I can remember.  I remember as a kid my feet would sometimes be black from walking around without shoes during the summer, and no matter how hard I scrubbed it never all went away.

I still have that problem with my feet.  I also have a problem wearing anything but sandals to work in the garden, so that lovely black dirt works its way into the crack of my feet where it just doesn't want to come out.  Talk about being grounded!!!

Anyways, last winter I actually had my feet to a point where they were dry and hard in spots, but not cracked.  They looked like feet.  Fast forward to now and they are cracked, dry and sometimes painful.

I needed something moisturizing to put on these footsies.  So off to my books I went, this time using Natural Beauty for All Seasons by Janice Cox.

She has a recipe for Summer foot creme that is AWESOME!

I used apricot oil instead of almond, and used a little extra instead of evening primrose oil.  Instead of oil of geranium I used Tangerine oil.  All that with the glycerin and coconut oil make it smell DIVINE!  It also keeps my feet moisturized throughout the day.  I may even use it as an all over lotion I love it so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment