Monday, April 22, 2013

Sleeping Beauty Cream

Other than the name for the recipe, which I could honestly live without, and my ineptitude while I learn how to make this stuff, I LOVE this cream.  I used to spend $20-40 on a jar of face cream.  Ridiculous!  This stuff works sooooooo much better, and it is all natural.  I used to have a rash, permanent on my cheeks.  The dermatologist told me it was just dry.  I have tried a lot of different creams, and this one actually worked.

Second recipe from our weekend of fun!
Sleeping Beauty Cream
from the book Natural Beauty for All Seasons, which is a great book and I am making my way through deciding which recipes I want to try!
What you need:
1 tablespoon grated beeswax
1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
1/4 cup light sesame oil
1/4 cup lemon oil/water mix (recipe in book says orange flower water which I did not have)
pinch of borax


mix beeswax, vitamin E and sesame, heat until melted.  I did this in the microwave, but I found it was uneven and didn't really melt everything that I thought it had melted, so next time, double boiler.  Combine the lemon oil water and borax powder, heat until warm.  I poured everything together in a bowl, and then used my hand blender for a minute.  I poured it into clean containers that used to hold that really expensive stuff.

I have been using it for a few weeks now and my skin actually has a glow again, no more dry and flaky looking face.  I LOVE IT!  I will be probably mess a bit with the recipe, depending on what I have on hand, but I think it is pretty good the way I made it!

No comments:

Post a Comment