Monday, April 29, 2013

Body Gel-Scented for morning energy!

I am an evening bather, but I am starting to exercise in the morning, which means a morning shower some days as well.  I have been using the hubby's regular soap, but I am afraid it is really drying my skin.  I have been meaning to buy some body wash for awhile, but just haven't found one I want to use that is natural and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. 

So here is where I tell you how I made my OWN shower gel.
 I gathered up my olive oil soap, almond oil, vitamin E and two essential oils. 
 Plus my Eco Beauty book.  
I mixed the soap, oil, vitamin E and two drops each of rosemary and sweet orange.  It blends really well together and doesn't seem to have problems with separation. 
This time I washed out a finished conditioner bottle to put it in.  It squeezes out nicely and works well on my scrub brush.  The smell is awakening.  I wrote on it with Sharpie, but it appears that I should use a different label.  I put a warning on it that it has almond oil so the little ones stay away, but I like it so far.  It is nice enough that twice a day showers are not hurting my skin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment