Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year, New Budget....

I have always struggled with money.  I am not a good money manager.  HORRIBLE!!

Last year we tried to just keep track of money monthly.  It did not work that well.  It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great.

This year we are doing this a little differently.  Namely, we are going to talk about the budget a lot more.  Money will be tracked based on how we spend it.  Not whether or not we spent more than we made a month.  I am actually a little excited to see how much I can save on different categories.  Of course, I know that some categories will always be maxed out, but I am hoping to save in other areas.

Hopefully it works out well.  I think I mostly look forward to realistic conversations with my husband!  I am also thinking about using this to teach big L about money and budgeting. Her version will be smaller, but I think it is time for her to start learning about saving money to buy things you want.


No comments:

Post a Comment