Thursday, August 15, 2013

POSTING.....1.2.3

I have posts, I even have pictures, they just aren't written or uploaded as of yet.  It will happen when it happens.  As it stands right now I am waiting for little l to take a nap so I can GO WORKOUT.  Almost put go to sleep there instead of workout.  That is the couple days I have had. 

Did you know sugar is addicting and a hard habit to break?  I really have NEVER completely given up sugar.  My body would quite probably go into shock or crash if I did, however, I did dramatically reduce my sugar intake for a while there, especially when losing weight.  For some reason that only my subconscious is aware of I have had an out of control sweet tooth for a week.  I look forward to when the junk is gone so I don't have to buy more.  Really I could just throw it away, but.......HAH!

Oh and did I tell you meager blog readers that I lost five pounds in a month while NOT on my diet.  That is an official weigh in at the diet doctor.  Take that doctor, I can lose weight without being on your diet.  Of course, that did not apply at first, but I feel confident it can apply to the last 10-15 pounds.  

Today is a rambler of a post so feel free to disregard.  I am still waiting to hear back from my plastic surgeon, little l is still having issues, big L is HAPPY.  You heard me, this kid is happy.  She is finally learning to make lemonade out of lemons.  Is she always happy?  No.  The yelling at the oldest because the youngest did something to irritate me thing is occurring.  You know, that thing we oldest children SWEAR we will NEVER do when we have kids.  The truth is that I explain to L why she is getting in trouble instead of l.  There is always a logical reason, and she understands.  Taunting your little sister into doing something wrong is just as bad as doing it yourself.  At least in my world it is, especially when we are trying to walk out the door and this something wrong involves dumping cereal all over the floor.  How do you handle it parents?  Is there really a FAIR way to handle it? 

My children love each other, but they also compete for time with me.  Sometimes I think their little minds believe that by getting the other one in trouble they will have more of that precious mama time.  I am hoping they will quickly learn that is not the case.  In fact, this constant manipulation makes mama happy to be leaving for the weekend.  I love my children, want to be with them a lot and have fun.  However, I need a break every now and then.  I know how spoiled I am that I actually get these breaks.  If you are a single mom, or just don't have a good support group you don't get this time.  To be honest, with my first child I didn't take breaks very often.  With this second child I have learned that breaks are necessary for both of us.  She needs the time away so that she appreciates the time with me, and I need the time away so I can have a grown up conversation and use big words without having to define them.  It all works out in the end. 

Well, I think I hear silence so I am going to run off and exercise before the silence is shattered!

No comments:

Post a Comment