Thursday, April 5, 2012

Rag Rug: It's Done!!!!

Forever ago, it seems, I started cutting fabric, then sewing it together, making a big ball, and braiding.  Really I think it has only been 6 months, but that is a long time to be dealing with this big mass of fabric on my desk. 

Last night I finished.  The last bit was connected, and I am DONE!!!

It turned out pretty good, it still a little bumpy in places, but that is my fault for not having perfectly equal strips of fabric.  It is very colorful, because I just put pieces together without a plan.  These are all of the pieces of Big L's baby clothes that I cut up to make her quilt (which still is not complete). 

I followed the directions in Handmade Home.  The directions though were not quite clear when it came to lacing it together.  I basically had a basket halfway through, and had to rip it out and start again.  The needle I used also had instructions that were not so great.  I found that in order to have a flat rug I had to lace each braid.  Next time, I am going to not use certain fabrics, and make sure I am more conscientious when cutting them the same size.  But for now, I am done with rugs for awhile, this one will do for little l's room, and I can try to finish something else!!

No comments:

Post a Comment