Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Klutzy mom+fast child

I am a klutz.  Truly.  I don't always have a spatial awareness of myself to others and objects.

Case in point:  today as i was trying to quickly shut the bedroom door to keep out the baby I ended up catching her fingers under the door.  Screams ensued, mommy wanted to cry, and somehow when we got her fingers out from under the door (this is not the first time she has done this) the tile and the door managed to scrape a layer of skin off.  Needless to say this was not our normal baby injury.

Little l is accustomed to banging her head on the floor when she falls, this is just the way it is in a tiled home.  She smooshes her finger a lot with her toys, books, etc.  This time though it was my fault, I thought I could be faster than her hands, and boy was I wrong!  Never underestimate the determined child.

This is the first cut/scrape she has had that actually bled.  So she had I struggled as I tried to comfort, clean and bandage all at the same time.  This is what my counter looked like when I was done.

Why is it when bandaging the larger child all you can find are little band-aids, and when trying to bandage the smaller child all you can find are big band-aids?  I may just have to organize the band-aids today.

No comments:

Post a Comment