Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pickle Jars and Treasure

My husband and big L love pickles.  We buy the huge jar from costco.  Which leaves me with a lot of large, nice jars to find use for.  I read in one of my books about origami paper being used on the jar, and paint being applied as well.  Instead, I used homemade mod podge, and stuck the pretty origami paper to the jar.  Now each L has her own treasure jar to put all of those little things I get tired of picking up all over the house, but that big L swears are so important to her. 

Pretty jars!  I will probably clean up the mod podge around the edges next time. 

I also have a new herb/succulent garden on my windowsill.  It was hard to get a good picture. 
All of those bottles in the sink are for future use, and accumulate they are not all from one day.  I have found the easiest way to get all of the glue off a jar (even that sticky hard as a rock stuff), is to let it soak overnight.  So after the baby gets a bath more of my jars soak!

Now to figure out what else to do with all of those pickle jars!

No comments:

Post a Comment