Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Love

I am married to the most wonderful man in the world. He attempts to anticipate my needs and provide for them.  Take this morning.  The baby awoke at 5 a.m.  I got up to feed her at 5:30 when she quit talking and started sounding urgent.  I was then surprised to see my husband running about, getting dressed, moving his computer to the sunroom, and preparing to be awake.  He is not a morning person.  I told him the baby was going back to sleep and not to worry about getting up, but the thought was nice.

I have not been sleeping well lately, and napping during the day has become unpredictable since little L is trying to have three teeth come in at once.  So his willingness to forego sleep for me was touching.

I have been thinking lately though about our relationship.  We have been together now for about two years.  In those two years we have communicated to each other by email on a daily basis.  That is, those days we are not together, so every week day he has had to work.  We stay in touch throughout the day by email so he can work, and I can do what I do.

I still want to hug him when he comes home at night (after he showers; he rides his bike to and from work), and I usually want to kiss him goodbye in the morning.  Sometimes, I am a bit cranky in the morning.

He still does thoughtful things, that in my experience a lot of men forget to keep doing when you are together for a long period of time.  Two years is not a long time, but I have never had a relationship last more than five years, so two years is a good start on forever with someone as thoughtful and loving as this.

It took a long time, and a lot of maturity and bad choices to finally meet the man of my dreams, but it did finally happen.  Each day I am grateful that I have him, and that we have such a beautiful family filled with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment