Monday, November 14, 2011

Gratitude

I am a follower of the blog Soulemama.  I enjoy reading and looking at the pictures she provides of her life.  In some ways I wish I could follow in her footsteps.  Today her post on gratitude got me thinking.

After deciding I will not be working for awhile, I have finally overcome the stress about money, though it does arise every so often.  I have decided that it will all work out as it was supposed to.  Today though, as I walk through my silent house I am very grateful for the time I have at home with my little l.  She is eight months, and during the day we have a nice rhythm.  We eat breakfast together when big L and daddy have left.  We play a bit, nurse one more time and then nap.  Well she naps.  She awakens and we repeat the cycle with lunch.

Since I have decided not to work, I felt I should be doing more and I have been trying to cram as much work into her naps as possible.  My body has revolted.  My discs in my back that are not so good are screaming at me.

I watched a video on Fibromyalgia yesterday.  While I knew all of the things it stated, it helped to remind me that I have to take each day as it comes.  I can't force my body to be willing to work from dawn to dusk, and I need to have a little more moderation in my life.  I can't overdo it or I am in too much pain to do anything.  I need to wake up in the morning, assess how I feel and plan my day then, not the night before.

So today I am grateful for a loving husband, who understands when I can only do so much; a wonderful baby who allows me to have a peaceful and quiet home during the day; a six year old who is grateful to have me as a mother; a back that reminds me, often with great force, that it is okay to take it easy and not rush through life.

No comments:

Post a Comment