Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Snacking Well

I don't know about you, but one of my pet peeves (and one of my mother's when we were growing up), is when a child has to stand in front of the refrigerator with the door open to "see" what we have.  Because, you know, it changes sooooo often!  Something may have materialized since the last time they checked.  That and the constant, "I don't want that", when I list off fruits and veggies had me going a little bonky. 

Thankfully, I was actually reading the blogs I follow the other day because Sofia at Sofia's Ideas posted a great one.  It was not her original idea but she gets credit since I read it on her blog.  Put snacks in ice cube trays.  Well, that makes sense for little l, she only has a little stomach, but I wanted L and I to get our five a day of veggies and four of fruit, so we used muffin tins.  We are going to try to do this all summer. 

I think it looks yummy, and I don't have to dirty as many dishes, want a snack?  Get your muffin tray out of the fridge!  This should cut down on the standing there with the door open!
This is mine.  A few veggies short, but I have been eating large salads for dinner. 

little l's.  Imagine the frozen fruit she will eat in those empty spots.  Hopefully giving her a tray with carrots will keep her from eating the bunny's.   

Big L's tray.  Yes hers includes some rice cheese a tortilla and turkey.  Plus a load of shredded lettuce (the only kind she will eat), some spinach, celery, carrots, grapes, cucumbers, raspberries, etc. 
Hopefully, this will help us all and make summer snacking more fun and easy!  As for that husband of mine.  He is not really left out.  He is a vegetable juicer, and if he would blend, and his juicer was not stained with so much juicing time I would join him.  Until then, he gets more veggies in his diets than all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment