Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My 2 Year Quilt

There is no reason really this quilt should have taken two years.  It was different from what I have done before and I will never make a quilt like this again, but I really have no excuses for it taking so long.  I started out with lots of big L's baby/toddler clothes, cut up my favorites and started piecing them together in the hopes they would make a rectangle.  HAH!  I am not that good or patient, so it is not quite square.  Note to self, even if pieces could be smaller make them a uniform size.  Note taken. 

Also, I used binding on the edges, which I realize is how you are supposed to make a quilt, but I HATE binding, it just never works right for me.  Or maybe I was just impatient to finish this monstrosity and be done. 

Anywho, here it is, after two years, big L's quilt. 


The top looks a little wonky.  That is my inability to make a rectangle out of the mess I cut. 

This would be the first sweater she ever buttoned by herself, hence the importance of keeping the buttons. 

The back.  It actually looks mostly normal, just one area of bunching.  
I am not overly proud of my quilt, but after pointing out all of the areas I could rip out and do again L said, "NO!  It is comfy the way it is!"  What can a mother say to that? 

No comments:

Post a Comment