Friday, October 25, 2013

Homemade Shaving Cream

For some reason shaving cream has been one of the last things I have tried to make for myself.  Not sure why, probably because I never plan ahead enough and just break down and buy it, but this time I wouldn't let myself shave until I had tried this recipe.  It was VERY good motivation. 

I found this recipe mentioned in one of my facebook threads:
Homemade Shaving Cream

Basically, you take 1/3 cup of coconut oil and 1/3 cup of shea butter.  I melt mine in a double broiler.  Once melted you remove from the heat pour into another bowl and add 1/4 cup of olive oil, almond oil, or whatever oil makes you happy.  I used almond oil this time because I happened to have some.  I am sure the next time I make it I will use whatever I have on hand at that time. 

Also, I love looking at other people coconut oil, mine never really needs to be melted, so I find it fun to look at it.  I am sure when cooler weather comes along my coconut oil will need to be melted but for most months it is fairly liquified when I open it. 

Once you mix in the other oil stick it in the fridge and let it get hard.  Then whip for a few minutes 
I put mine in the plastic bottles you can get at Target.  Then used it.  I got a nice smooth shave, no rash AND my legs were moisturized in the process.  Since it has been dry around here my skin needs all the help it can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment