Monday, October 7, 2013

Flirty Skirty

I have been on a bit of a sewing kick of late.  While I still have not taken the serger class and learned to use it, I do plan on doing that soon too.  Instead, I have been sticking to the things I know how to do.

I purchased a pattern, McCall's M5430.  It is a "one hour skirt".  Now I am not the best of seamstresses so it was more like a two hour skirt for me, including cutting time.  I am pretty happy with it.  I screwed up the first one because I read the pattern wrong, however, the second and third one (which will be featured in a later post) came out okay.

Here is the first one:
 You may note that there are two sets of buttons, that is because I screwed up the tie.  A good seamstress would rip it out and fix it.  I just added another set of buttons. 
This gray one is done properly and actually ties on the side.  I haven't fully figured out how to tie it nicely.  Suggestions?  It is a little heavier as I used corduroy.  I like it though it is fallish. 

When I wear them I don't feel thin, but looking at the pictures I look thinner than I feel.  They are really comfortable and a good length.  I can get up and down with the kids and not worry about flashing my "assets" to the world. 


No comments:

Post a Comment