Monday, January 7, 2013

Getting Back into the Groove....

Our winter break is over and we are back to school today.  I thought it might be hard to get the big one up this morning, but she was fine.  We didn't even have any arguments about eating breakfast.  Off to school early this morning, for she had her before school Spanish class, which she moans about sometimes, but really likes.  In fact, she is completely excited that she can now tell us what the street names mean around our home (the ones in Spanish that is). 

Somehow last year ended before I was ready.  I had plans, lists....you name it.   I got a lot done, but I did not get everything done.  I have a shirt for little l that is far from being knitted, I have about 20 rows done.  I have yarn for leg warmers sitting in the knitting bag untouched.  I had plans for my own gifts (to myself) that never saw the light of day.  I waited too long in the year.  I kept procrastinating because I just didn't feel up to it. 

Instead of being upset with all I did not do, I have decided that I should admit I needed a little more rest last year than I have in the past few weeks.   Further, some of the things that got put on hold will be modified because inspiration is striking, and I am ready (after almost 3 years), to start decorating the house.  

I have been losing weight, which I will talk more about tomorrow, and I have been getting a lot more done than I used to.  It feels great, and the more I do, the more I want to do. 

For today though, I think I will take a bit of a rest this afternoon.  Little l and I dropped off big L at school, then spent an hour and a half taking down stage decorations from the performance in December.  We then ran over to another local school to confirm that they had what I need and were ready for us to do our Cookie Rally on Friday.  Then off to my allergy shots, blood test, dropped off a form at the High School, and we were done.  It was a busy morning.  We have eaten, and the little l is napping, so now is normally my time to get stuff done. 

However, I think that since I started dinner in the crock pot, cleaned the kitchen and the kid's humidifiers, I deserve a little break before my after school chauffeuring begins. 

Hope you had a nice break and are enjoying getting back into the groove again!

No comments:

Post a Comment