Thursday, January 10, 2013

Banana Muffins-Allergy Friendly

I have been making banana bread since I was old enough that my mom would let me use the food processor and oven.  I love banana bread.  (obviously can't eat it right now)  When I was trying to find something big L would eat for breakfast banana muffins are what we found to agree on.  If she had her way she would have some fruit and then go until lunch.  However, what is a banana muffin?  Flour, sugar, and banana.  Not much.  So I played around and modified my recipe.  This is my allergy friendly banana muffin recipe.

2 ripe bananas
1/2 cup soy free earth balance
1 cup of white whole wheat flour
3 scoops of unflavored pea protein powder
3/4 cup organic sugar cane
6 Tbls applesauce
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 cup rice milk
3 tsps vinegar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Combine the banana and earth balance in the food processor.  Process about 15-20 seconds, or until blended well.

Add the remaining ingredients, process another 10-15 seconds until combined.

scoop into muffin tin and bake for 25 minutes at 350.

VIOLA!  Allergy friendly, protein packed muffins.

What made me even happier is that for once the middles did not sink in.  They are very pretty little muffins if I do say so myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment