Monday, November 12, 2012

FINALLY! A dress that twirls

I have been working on this dress off and on since school started.  I finally! finished, though it is far from perfect, and I wish I could have hidden a few more seams.  However, it passed the L test.  She loves it and spent quite a bit of time twirling around in it.  The skirt flows out as she twirls thanks to the seam gathering on the side.

I think it turned out okay for a first try, but I still can't figure out what I am doing wrong when it comes to fitting the bodice.

It is fully reversible.  We will see which side gets the most wear.  I had it all ready to sew together when I realized her head didn't fit through (my child has a large head, this is not the first time this has been an issue), so we decided instead of making the neck hole bigger, which would have made it sag down or fall off her shoulders we would just put on a button.  So on one side you have a button, on the other, little flowers to cover the button threads.  The pictures don't really do it justice, and you have to see it twirl to understand the lift it achieves. 

I guess I will keep trying, a little here and there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment