Friday, September 28, 2012

What the doc should have made more clear.....

Today I had RF Ablation done on my lower back.  What the doctor told me was that in general the pain relief will last longer, which I am happy about.  What was not stated clearly was that it can hurt much worse after the procedure before it feels better.  Thankfully, I have an awesome husband who let me take a couple pain pills and sleep most of the day.  It is starting to feel better, so for that I am grateful.  My stomach is a bit unhappy about the sedation/pain med combo, but I am hopeful that I will feel fine in the morning. 

If you have low back pain you know that at some point you will try anything to get rid of the pain.  After I don't know how many years of living with this (at least twenty), that is where I am at.  On the plus side, those years have not all been as bad as it currently is, instead it has progressively gotten worse.  That of course is just the way it works. 

I really am hopeful finally.  I have a doctor who understands how I feel and what I want from life.  He too has the same back problem, and he also has little ones at home.  I am hopeful that in the next couple months I will be able to keep up with my kiddo as she rides her bike down the street, perhaps even riding my own bike again!  :-)

Can't say it enough, YAY FOR MY AWESOME HUSBAND!

No comments:

Post a Comment